Responsibilities will include all facets of the mechanical design process including, but not limited to, review of existing sites, HVAC load calculations, HVAC/plumbing and drainage calculations, equipment selections and scheduling, schematic and detailed system design, fire protection design, energy modelling, contract administration and field reviews.
As well the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible to partake in design meeting with the consultant team on the project.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in mechanical engineering design of commercial buildings
- Knowledge of mechanical design software including Carrier HAP
- A university degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a college diploma in Building Sciences – Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and REVIT software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- A valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Good written and verbal communication skills including writing of technical reports.
- You should be residing in Canada and have a minimum of 3 years Canadian work experience in Canadian construction industry